Excellent Home Caregivers, Inc. (EHCI) is a personalized assistance provider for the elderly. Our mission is to be the leading provider for home care through our commitment to excellence. We provide affordable quality home care with customized services. We firmly believe in giving our clients their sense of security & peace of mind in the privacy of their own home.
Providing one on one care affords you the opportunity for you and the client to develop a meaningful relationship. This in turn encourages and helps our clients to live with the dignity and respect that he or she deserves. This can only be accomplished through the dedication, commitment, and efforts of our EHCI staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will take affirmative action to ensure that during the interview process and employment, applicants and employees are treated without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap or marital status.
Our employees become like family with our agency. We only hire caregivers who have a proven track record in providing dependable, kind, compassionate care to clients. Our clients also become like family and our desire as an agency is to have caregivers who truly care about our clients. Please consider joining our caregiving family team!Job Description
The Home Services Worker (Worker), under professional supervision, provides client assistance and general household management on a 24-hour or on an hourly basis, depending on the client’s needs.
We offer both part-time and full-time positions for hourly/come and go and also for live-in caregivers. Please note that we are a non-medical agency.Caregiver’s Job Description:
- Observation of client functioning and reporting changes, if any, to his/her supervisor;
- Assists client with household chores, including cooking and meal preparation, light cleaning and laundry;
- Assists clients in completing activities such as shopping and appointments outside of the home. The home services worker must coordinate with family or his/her authorized representative for every client appointment outside the home;
- Completion of appropriate records documenting service provision, and submits paper work as required by the agency;
- Assistance with activities of daily living and personal care;
- Notifies the Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings, which will affect agreed service with the agency.
- Must have High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education.
- A minimum of one-year experience of providing client care whether in a facility or through a home care agency.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English in order to communicate effectively with our clients.
- Must have a cleared criminal background check and be eligible on the IDPH Health Care Worker Registry.
- Must have proof of Covid vaccination.
- Must be able to stand, walk, squat, bend, lift, turn, and transfer clients (limited to the worker’s lifting capacity), kneel, reach, twist, push and pull depending on the needs of the client.
- Up-to-date Driver’s License OR State ID
- Auto Insurance (if you are an hourly caregiver or a live-in caregiver who drives)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency (yes, even if you are a U.S. citizen) – Passport or Birth Certificate
- CPR or CNA Certificate and/or any other certifications pertaining to the position that you are applying for.
- Completion of Orientation and Initial Training. Once an employee, you must complete an eight (8) hour yearly training as required from IDPH. Please note that if you have a CNA certificate that you can be exempt from the initial training. However, once an employee, annual eight (8) hour training is required.
We are looking for hard-working, dedicated, and compassionate caregivers. We service the following areas: Cook, DuPage, and Will counties.